For Updates on COVID-19 Click Here
This Week’s Events:
- Saturday, 5 p.m.: Great Vespers and Confessions
- Sunday, 9:15 a.m.: Hours; 9:30 a.m.: Divine Liturgy
- See the Parish Calendar for information on additional services and/or events
This Week’s Events:
Help offset the costs of recent parking lot and kitchen repairs, support the parish and get a jump start on your holiday shopping at the same time! Shop at St. Elia’s special fundraising website for gifts, teas, candies, snacks, cookie dough, candles, magazines, home decor, holiday items, kitchen items, and more!
Items can be shipped directly to your home or choose to have your items shipped to the church at no additional charge. A parish member will be in touch in November when your items are ready for pickup.
St. Elia will receive a large percentage of your purchase as a donation. The fundraising website will remain open through October 31.
We appreciate your support during these difficult times!
Shop online now at: http://bit.ly/steliafund
To join the Zoom Meeting, go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84874233013?pwd=dGlVa1A2NjVlbmZCZ2xqTTJIWjRQZz09
Meeting ID: 848 7423 3013
We look forward to sharing an evening filled with Scripture!
We have been given the blessing from our Diocese to begin the process of the gradual reopening for the faithful to attend liturgical services. Please read completely as there are important procedures and guidelines we all must follow.
All services will continue to be streamed online. We encourage those who cannot or should not be with us in person to join us via online streaming. Saturday Evening Vespers will begin via streaming at 5 p.m. and Sunday Divine Liturgy at 9:30 a.m.
In accordance with the State of Ohio, CDC, and Diocesan guidelines we all must follow these simple steps when attending:
1) If you or your family member is sick please stay home.
2) Only enter and exit through the front church door.
3) Please… there will be no gathering in the vestibule/office/and in the parish hall.
4) All side and hall doors will be locked (in keeping with AFD and codes all of our church doors can be exited from the inside).
5) Sanitize your hands before entering the church (sanitizer is located in the vestibule).
6) All must wear masks in church (disposable masks are provided in the vestibule).
7) Sanitize your hands before exiting the church building.
In church: it is required to keep 6 feet social distancing. Therefore, pews will be marked for available and not available seating. There will be assigned ushers to assist you and/or your family to be seated (it may not be in your ‘usual’ place).
So sorry to say but we cannot kiss the icons, cross, chalice, gospel book, and/or father’s hand.
Lastly, due to limited seating to ensure safe distancing and Diocesan guidelines, parishioners must pre-register to attend liturgical services. Please call Fr. Don at (330) 724-7009 or (330) 472-6456 by Saturday morning before 12 noon to attend.
“…where two or three are gathered together there am I,” says our Lord according to St. Matthew’s Gospel.
Love in Christ our Lord,
The Twelve Passion Gospels read by Fr. Don, Deacon James and members of the St. Elia Parish.
Join us on the St. Elia Facebook page to find out the latest parish news and photos.
Unable to make it to services? Watch live services on the St. Elia YouTube channel!