This Week’s Events:
- Saturday, 5 p.m.: Great Vespers and Confessions
- Sunday, 9:10 a.m. Hours; 9:30 a.m. Divine Liturgy
- See the Parish Calendar for information on additional services and/or events
- For Updates on COVID-19, Click Here
Dearly Beloved in Christ,
Christ is risen!
Since the beginning of the Covid-19 Pandemic, we have been taking every precaution to protect the health and well-being of all of our people. In accordance with the CDC, the State of Ohio, and our Diocesan Directives, St. Elia Parish will follow the re-opening plan:
1) If you are sick and/or exhibit coronavirus symptoms, you must refrain from attending Services.
2) While the CDC and the State of Ohio have lifted the mask mandate, the social distancing and capacity restrictions, the State officials recommend that unvaccinated people continue to wear the mask indoors. The Diocesan Directives stress that everyone is welcome to continue wearing face coverings if there is any level of discomfort with this new guidance.
3) The kissing of Icons, the Cross, the Gospel Book and the priest’s hand when receiving the blessing is permitted if you are comfortable doing so.
4) The sanitizer and masks will be in the vestibule for your convenience.
5) Coffee Hour will resume following the Divine Liturgy.
Love in our Risen Lord,
Fr. Don Anthony Freude
June 2, 2021
During Great Lent we are called upon to fast not only for reasons of self-control and prayer, but also for reasons of love: to deny ourselves something that we may share what we have saved with someone else who is in need. This Lent, our parish family will be collecting items for the Peter Maurin Center. Located just 5 minutes north of St. Elia at 1096 N. Main St., the Center serves unsheltered and marginalized individuals and families in the Greater Akron area by offering prepared meals, warm clothing and friendship at their facilities and in the community.
Look for the bin located near the entrance of church, and drop off your items as you come in each week. If you are not currently attending services, contact Aaron Gray to pick up your donations. Below is a list of ideas of items that are currently in need at the Center:
Thank you for doing your part to help those in need!
It’s almost that time again! This Lent, join the St. Elia Prayer Group as we once again unite to pray the Psalms together throughout the fast, which for Orthodox Christians begins this year on March 15. You do not need to be a member of St. Elia Akron to join. All you need is a Bible and a little bit of time to set aside each day.
The prayer group also offers the opportunity for us to pray for one another, for our parish, and for any special intentions any of us may have. [Read more…]
Join us on the St. Elia Facebook page to find out the latest parish news and photos.
Unable to make it to services? Watch live services on the St. Elia YouTube channel!