Our present home at 64 W. Wilbeth Road was built in 1939 by Macedonian and Bulgarian immigrants. Our church was officially incorporated in 1946 as “St. Ilia Macedonian-Bulgarian Eastern Orthodox Church.” Over the years, St. Elia the Prophet Orthodox Church has become an American, English-speaking community, consisting of people from many ethnic backgrounds. Our parish belongs to the Bulgarian Diocese of Toledo of the Orthodox Church in America (OCA).
Click here to read the complete history of our parish.